This year, I already know what I'm working on. I don't have much else to do except write and play with the berrykin. So maybe I can manage to actually put a thorough effort into the crazy challenge of 50k in 30 days. We'll see. If I do try, I won't be posting about it.
In fact, I think perhaps I will take my writing efforts off the grid for a while. I'm even going to stop reading industry blogs, which is even harder. Some of them have been daily reads for six or seven YEARS. Right now, though, they only remind me of what I'm not doing, and not in a good way.
So! Here's my current plan. It isn't in any way set in stone, and it's not thoroughly plotted. What I do know is that I'm going to disconnect from social media. I'm barely on as it is now, and I've stopped posting status updates and the like. I WILL continue blogging here about life and the berrykin, that way anyone interested enough to read it can come and keep tabs on us. I don't know how many people will - this election year has driven people away from Facebook, I think, what with all the political garbage spewing everywhere. Maybe they'll come back in a month. Maybe they'll be more like me, and enjoy the lack of frustration.
Otherwise, I have six freelance pieces to get done in the next week, and then I move on to writing, writing, writing!
In fact, I think perhaps I will take my writing efforts off the grid for a while. I'm even going to stop reading industry blogs, which is even harder. Some of them have been daily reads for six or seven YEARS. Right now, though, they only remind me of what I'm not doing, and not in a good way.
So! Here's my current plan. It isn't in any way set in stone, and it's not thoroughly plotted. What I do know is that I'm going to disconnect from social media. I'm barely on as it is now, and I've stopped posting status updates and the like. I WILL continue blogging here about life and the berrykin, that way anyone interested enough to read it can come and keep tabs on us. I don't know how many people will - this election year has driven people away from Facebook, I think, what with all the political garbage spewing everywhere. Maybe they'll come back in a month. Maybe they'll be more like me, and enjoy the lack of frustration.
Otherwise, I have six freelance pieces to get done in the next week, and then I move on to writing, writing, writing!
No comments:
Post a Comment