There are only two things on my mind this morning.
1. I need to leave the apartment at some point so that I can call my endocrinologist. We get no signal inside the complex, and there are spots in town where we get no service. It's frustrating. Especially when I've forgotten I made a six-month recheck appointment to have a look at my thyroid. Oops. I'd get it checked next month when I hope to be back in CO, except we no longer have insurance while the Jeremelon is between jobs. Durrr. I'm not worried that my thyroid is getting worse. I've accepted that it's going to grow and shrink nodules for the rest of my life. Even though it feels worse than usual right now, that might just be stress. Still, I have to go out into the low 90-degree weather just to make a phone call to cancel an appointment I forgot I have. Irritating.
2. Jeremelon has somewhere to be in two hours. It's a great deal more important. Of course, because I don't want to jinx it, I don't want to say what it is! I'm not really superstitious, but it always seems that as soon as I comment on something big and important that would mean really good things for us, it falls apart. So I'm being cautious, not superstitious. ;) Hopefully I will be able to comment later this week.
Other than that, it's been a morning of trying in vain to get the berrykin to eat. His gums are too painful right now for him to want anything more than milk, though. According to his shorts, he's also gone through a big growth spurt that went unnoticed during the move. Those three things completely explain this morning's pilliness that has him pulling everything out of whatever drawer, box, or pile he can find, and then whining at me when I make him put it back.
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment