...the month before a presidential election. Especially if it's not necessarily a permanent thing. And if you might be wanting to maintain in-state tuition or other benefits in the state you're leaving. It makes figuring out how to vote a tricky thing.
Because honestly, the move is such a big drain on the mental capacities, there's a solid chance you won't remember you need to get your voter registration figured out. Where is my residence if I have yet to apply for a new license? If I haven't paid any taxes in my new state, but did for 90% of the year in the old one? Should I really be voting in a state with entirely different needs and issues that I know absolutely nothing about, or will my conscience have issues with it?
Seriously. Do yourself a favor. If you're moving to another state, do it after you vote. Or at least have a better long-term plan than, "Uhhhh...survive?" when you show up.
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment