Monday, October 22, 2012

Waiting...

We were hoping to hear news today.  No news arrived.

And so we wait.  I honestly don't mind waiting in this case.  It's big enough to warrant it. :)

However, what an exercise in patience doesn't do is open other doors.  It provides time to explore those already open, I suppose, but these are the same doors I've had around for years.  The ones I want to explore are the ones I don't know about.

Perhaps that sounds like ambiguous gobblety-gook.  I'm currently in a writer's phase of "nothing I write comes across clearly and succinctly!  Argh!"  Normally, it's because I've gotten rusty.  Not my skills, my...mmm...channels?  The way writing works for me, if I don't use it, the imagination pipes get all dirty and corroded.  It makes what flows through them less than pristine.  The pipes just need use to clean themselves up, thankfully.  So I just need to keep at it.  You know, once I figure out what's wrong with the story and don't despise it so much.

In other news, Berrykin has gone through a huge growth spurt.  His whininess went unnoticed as part of the move, but none of his pants fit very well anymore.  He was sitting on the floor facing me earlier, doing a puzzle with his legs stretched out to the sides.  I glanced up, and his legs looked sooooo loooooong!  They no longer look like baby legs.  Now, they look like kid legs.  My baby's getting so big. ::sniffle::

He's now used to sleeping here, thankfully.  We no longer have to lie beside him until he's all played out and ready to sleep.  I sat with him for about five minutes tonight, and then left, and he didn't make a peep of protest.  Whew!!  Now if only naptime would be as smooth...

No comments: