Saturday, October 27, 2012

In Lieu of Facebook

Apparently not using Facebook means that I have a lot that still needs saying, and ends in more blog posts.  I'm okay with that. :)

Right now, my brain is full of money.  Unlike usual, it's not filled with how to make money, but with how much things cost.  Like the new collection of shoes I hope to buy, but will probably remain a set of two for quite some time yet.  And aaaaaaaaall the work that goes into launching this writing project of mine.  It costs money, too, if I want it to be professional (and why wouldn't I?).  It's not a ton of money, but it's enough to give me pause.  Not pause enough to stop, just to figure out exactly what I want to do.  I was excited and confident, until Jeremelon started compiling all the people who'd spend money on it just because we're related.  Now I have nervousness.  A bunch of strangers thinking my work isn't up to snuff, no problem.  People I know whose opinions matter to me personally?  Eeee.

I wonder if I know anybody with mad English grammar skills...that would cut costs dramatically.

So much work ahead of me!  So worth it, though.  I don't care if it doesn't make much of an income, at least in the beginning.  It's so new and exciting and awesome, and I'm so thrilled to be moving forward and doing something for me that nothing else matters.  Right now, anyway.  I'm sure I'll feel differently later. :)

For now, I have to go do something else, so that I can work off all this excitement and eventually go to bed.  (Or maybe not.  It was a bad, bad, bad, bad Berrykin day...)

No comments: