I'm being torn in two extremely different directions.
On the one hand, I REALLY want to move. Like, right this second. Across the country would be preferable. The idea that summer is coming is about on par with the dread invoked with winter in Game of Thrones. Seriously. Summer is coming. Be afraid.
But also, one should never spend a great span of time living with one's in-laws if there is any possible way to get out of said situation with survival intact. Our original deadline to get out was the six-month mark. That's in two weeks. AUGH. Jeremelon had a set of interviews for a job we were sure he was going to get, but they never called. So I have no idea how we're going to PAY to move out, let alone sustain rent and such afterward. All I know is...
Summer is coming.
It's time to go.
But, on the other hand, there's this one amazing, beautiful, spectacular reason to stay. There's something here I've been looking for my whole adult life, and I've never found its like elsewhere. It's a secret that I'm keeping just for me (well, my sister knows. BTW, the new link in the Pals o' the Patch list is hers, if you want to go say hi!). I've been afraid to go, for lots of reasons. I didn't want to do something I wasn't ready for, but recent forays at home have proven I don't need to worry about that. I don't want to feel like a huge whale when I walk in, but I think that will resolve on its own. Mostly, though, I think I was afraid to go because the moment I go is the moment I can fall in love with it, and then I have something to actually lose by moving.
Still. Summer is coming.
The opportunity is too awesome. I finally made the choice yesterday to start tomorrow. It's going to hurt - mostly because I have to get up at 8 or earlier (which isn't that early, in the scheme of things, but when one is used to waking up at 11, it's a bit of a stretch). But tomorrow, I begin.
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment