Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Writer Berry and the Art Final

Here's my final graphics project.  I spent...crinklesticks.  I don't even know how many hours!  The text took about four, between finding the right fonts and everything.  Finding the images was probably half an hour.  I finished at 4:30am, and started...uh...sometime around 4pm yesterday afternoon.  I took a break to get food for dinner around 8:30, and took two hours or so before getting back.  I took an hour to review finances, too, so altogether today I think I spent 9.5 hours on it.  Geesh!  But it was fun. :D  For your giggle and viewing pleasure:
This is five ruins pictures (Petra, a Roman road, the Roman Forum, an Indian temple (I think), and a temple from somewhere around Phnom Pen), four or five reef pics, a water background, the cliffs in the back, and of course Indiana Jane with Hollyberry's head attached. :)  Very silly, but the assignment was to make a self-portrait attached to a magazine cover involving a dream of ours.  So here it is, the Hollyberry as the world famous archaeologist who discovered Atlantis.  Silly, silly, silly.  But a whole lotta fun!  I wanted to add a gradient effect to make the picture progressively light from bottom to top, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work.  :T  I never got around to buying the flipping expensive PhotoShop Bible, so I've been doing this all based on videos and trial and error.  Whew!

Quite pleased with myself.  Off to gloat.  Hee.

(Oh, yes.  This means all my projects are done for the semester.  Now I just have to worry about the little things next week, and finals.  Hurray!)

No comments: