Today marks my third trimester! 2/3 down, 1/3 left! 88 days. There's a lot of differing opinion about when trimesters start; do you count from 40 weeks or 38? Do you go by days or weeks? Mommy time or baby time? I'm sticking it here at 88 days, because that's when I feel like it. :) I'll be 28 weeks on Monday, which means I only have 12 left. Huzzah!
I week from today I go in for my Rhogam shot to make sure I don't build up an immunity to future baby blood, in case Jeremelon's type is positive. (BIGGEST run-around EVER. Seriously. We spent weeks trying to get a doctor/lab to run his blood type, but nobody would do it! They told him to go give blood instead. It drives him crazy to have needles under his skin, and we highly doubt he would be able to sit there like that for 15 minutes.) I also have to have another 1-hour glucose test run to make sure I haven't now developed gestational diabetes. Fun fun. And we're taking a tour of the birth area at the hospital next Wednesday. Looking forward to that, 'cause I like to know where I'll be and it should give me an idea of their basic allowances.
Being pregnant is a whole lot of fun. I get such a kick out of being so round. Why? Because I'm weird. I look in the bathroom mirror, admiring the red parts of my stretch marks as badges of honor and indicators of Berrykin's growth. (Berrykin is, as I type, kicking me all over the place.) I have to grunt and groan to get up from any but the most stable seats, and yesterday I needed help to roll out of bed because I got stuck like a turtle on its back. I laughed and laughed. Granted, the exhaustion isn't so nice. Or the need to go to the bathroom like three times an hour. And omigosh, the HUNGER! Jeremelon thought I was joking last weekend when, literally an hour after we'd eaten, I said, "I'm hungry." He laughed at me then. He doesn't laugh now. I feel like a teenage boy. I Can't Stop Eating. I may be quite overweight, but most of that was not eating my way up. I might binge on baked goods from time to time, but I've never had a huge appetite or massive appreciation for food. Most of the time now I still have no appreciation for food, I just want it. NOW. Before I starve to death. And, you know, in an hour, before I starve to death then, too...
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment