Had my 28 week appointment today. I got my Rhogam shot because I'm Rh negative and don't want to reject future babies if this one is Rh positive. That would make me very sad. :( The shot was actually kind of painful. They stuck it in my hip and proceeded to fill my backside with fluid. Or at least, that's what it felt like. It was a good sized syringe, too. Oh, and of course I made the mistake of telling them I was easy to take blood from, so rather than sending me to the lab like they usually do, they took my blood there because I was early. Oy. I am NOT apparently an easy draw. It took two nurses three tries between them to find a vein. I don't know if that's going to mess up my glucose test results or not. :T Other than that, all was well. The berrykin kicked the doppler when the doc was listening for the heartbeat. :) She said Berrykin was sitting really low...which I could have told her. Berrykin frequently snuggles in next to/on top of my bladder and won't move. It hurts sometimes, in a high-pressure sort of way. Kind of like the bladder being insanely full, only not the bladder. Sometimes I can push the berrykin out of the way, but sometimes not. Silly Berrykin.
We toured the hospital yesterday and got the lowdown on check-in procedures and such. It's a whole five minutes away, and it was built to resemble a hotel more than a hospital. Having seen the labor & delivery room and a postpartum room...oh my gosh. It totally does. The waiting room on the maternity floor has a fireplace. All the furniture looks like it belongs in a hotel. It's awesome. There's a bed for the Jeremelon in all of the rooms I'll be in, plus giant bathrooms. All of it is private, single occupancy. They have tubs for pain relief and birthing balls, as well as bars in the L&D beds in case a girl doesn't want to lie flat on her back to give birth. They even have room service for guests and theatrical movies to order for free on tv.
I also got my final grades today. Two As and two Bs, which makes for a nice 3.5 GPA. Woohoo! I got an A in Interpersonal Communications, which still has me in shock. According to my numbers, I should have a B. I have no clue where the A came from, but I'm totally happy to take it! I think my overall GPA is at something like a 2.78, given that one semester waaaaaay back when I was more interested in working than in school. I'll be lucky if I graduate with a 3.0. I'd like the best GPA I can get, of course, but it's my own dumb fault if I don't. Right now, I just want to graduate!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment