Very happy today. The doc's office called and announced that my glucose test came back a-okay, so I passed. Yay! That means no four hours of sitting in the blood lab so they can poke me once every hour. Even better, it means I probably won't be getting gestational diabetes. HURRAY! I was so worried about that when I first got pregnant. It's humongously relieving to know I don't need to worry anymore. :D At least, about that. I'm still minorly worried about pre-eclampsia, but there's nothing I can do about that. It either happens or it doesn't.
We've narrowed down our boy names to four or five choices, so we're almost settled on the two we're going to use (pairs, that is, first and middle). We decided to pick two names sets of names we like best, and then see which one fits the baby. Once we settle on boy names, we have to move on to girl names. I dread finding a girl's name. All the ones I like are either taken (a la Isabelleberry, whose variant Isabellaberry is ranked #1, partially thanks to stupid Twilight) or people laugh at them. I thought about Rosefruit as a middle name because it was my grandmother's and it follows my Laurelfruit nicely. But not only is it incredibly popular (along with Gracefruit, dang it), there's another unutterable reason I refuse to use it. I like Charlotteberry, too, and have for a loooong time (it's a variant of Charlesberry, the name of both my grandfather and the Jeremelon's, and it's a prettier name that shares syllable sounds with my grandmother's Shirleberry), but it's also really popular. So we're starting from scratch. Which...doesn't sound like fun. Naming berrykins is hard!
I need more to do with my time. I started baking more - I made one awesomely tasty loaf of bread that vanished really fast. And I made the Jeremelon some oatmeal craisin cookies yesterday, among other things. But standing in the kitchen hurts. I threw out my old slippers a year ago, and I'm really missing their inch-high spongy soles. By the time I'm done, my ankles and feet are not only a bit swollen, but they ache like they've never ached before. Of course, sitting too long - what I normally do with my day - eventually causes my lower back/sacrum area to get all stiff and stubbornly immobile. So I've added a mile walk on the treadmill to my day, and I'm actually kind of excited about it. Mostly because it gives me something to do that's outside of the house (hurrah for apartment exercise rooms), but also because it wears me out and helps me sleep. Any other physical benefits are icing. :) Of course, it's also slight torture, as the treadmills all face the uncovered but not-yet-"open" pool. I want to go swimming sooooo badly!! Not that I could given the recent weather. The wind has been awful! Normally I like wind, but the juniper pollen count is still somewhat high, and the wind carries it along like a trustworthy crop duster. Blah. (Seriously, the wind is bad enough that I feel like I'm back in Albuquerque, where it never stopped. I had to sweep along the front door every week or two, or we'd get a mound of dirt behind it. And the other day, the wind actually woke me up. Of course, that briefly made me think I was back in Florida and we had been hit by a tropical storm. It's crazy. It also means I have to limit my out-of-doors activities to, say, walking the two minutes to the exercise room. Sigh.)
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment