I've learned a very valuable lesson this semester. Visual art is not something I pick up intuitively. Whereas I can usually listen to/watch a teacher go over subject matter and extrapolate for myself, this doesn't work with art. I have never before been a kinesthetic learner; in fact, forcing me to try something I haven't observed long enough will make me never want to do it again. Yet here I am, forcing myself to try to do things I'm supposed to learn from web videos. Ugh!
Still, I managed to put together this happy little shindig for my second-to-last project. It's not awesome. And it was late. But that's okay. I did it! That counts for a LOT between a Writing Berry and art. -__-
I wanted to shoot myself in the foot somewhere between finding the fonts (there are actually no images in this - they're all font-based dingbat letters) and getting the first words down. The assignment was to create a poster for a fictional concert using only typography. I kept fluctuating between thinking that would be hard and thinking it should be easier than merging photos. It turned out to be the latter, thankfully. :) In fact, as soon as I had the central text down, I started giggling all over myself. The colors in this web version aren't awesome. The original is actually a lot more 80's looking. That's okay, though; it still makes me snicker. :D
What else made my day a happy one? The berrykin, who's been pretty darn quiet and comfy not moving much the last five or so days, kicked me a couple of times when we went to pick up the Andypillar. I was able to let my mom feel it, and she got so excited it makes me grin like an idiot even now. :) Three kicks, and she felt the third (actually, I think they're punches that high up, but who can tell at this size?), which coincidentally happened to be the strongest one in days. Yay!
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment