Thursday, April 22, 2010

24 Weeks

We just got back from my 24-week appointment.  Not too shabby, except having to talk to the billing department in the middle of the waiting room to explain that sorry, I don't have 330 bucks to give you right now, and no, I don't even have 10 bucks I can spare.  At least she was nice about it. : /  The appointment went fine, though.  The OB said my serious pubic bone pain is par for the course, which I wasn't too pleased about.  Every time I roll over in bed, it feels like my pelvis is going to separate.  Same with standing up, putting clothes on my lower half, and getting out of the car.  Not cool.  I've been trying to walk more to get exercise in, but after about ten minutes it *kills.*  My hips feel like they're fused to my spine.  I can't WAIT until the pool is open.  Water support = good!  

The berrykin was doing dandy, though.  Took a good few minutes to find the heartbeat for longer than two seconds.  Silly berrykin dancing around!  The OB said there must be a lot of fluid in there to let the berrykin swim around so much.  So I'm hoping an extra big chunk of my weight gain is fluid... Hee.  Yeah.    I gained five pounds this month...which is more than I should have but still within not awful limits.  I think...  Anyway, heartbeat was strong and steady once the berrykin held still.  Oh, and apparently 24 - 28 weeks is when the belly really pops out.  My skin isn't going to appreciate it.  I think I've already added two...no, three...stretch marks to both sides.  Not that I care appearance-wise.  I've been a road map since I was 12, so I'm used to it.  They just hurt a lot when they come in.  And the more rapid the expansion, the worse the burn.  Oh well.  I like have a round tummy.  ^_^  The berrykin still tickles when it moves, the Jeremelon and my mommykin have both felt it, and despite the pain and sleepiness and brain fuzz, it's fun being pregnant. :)  

And now the Jeremelon and I are going to the museum, because we bought memberships back when we had funds.  Good thing, too, 'cause I'm going stir crazy!  I wanna go to Disney sooooo bad!

No comments: