Soooooo. I was really REALLY hoping the baby would come today of its own accord. I DID end up spending 5 hours at the hospital between my appointment and the follow-up at Labor and Delivery, but no baby. I was too tired when I got there to worry about anything...even think about anything, really. NST went peachy - the Berrykin actually cooperated for the most part, though it took us a good ten minutes to locate the heartbeat in the beginning. No problemo. I got on the scale and blinked at the numbers. They were the same ones my dad's scale had given me on Sunday, which I didn't believe. No problem. Maybe I was just remembering wrong. Got my cervix checked - barely dilated at all (boo). Blood pressure was at 144/95. Ouch. Very not good. Doc briefed me on what we'd have to do if it didn't come down. I didn't figure it would, since I was pretty relaxed from the NST. Didn't come back down. Also had protein in my urine, my feet haven't gotten unswollen for two and a half days now, and I gained *9* pounds in the last week. So I got to hoof it over to L&D to have blood drawn, BP monitored, and urine double-checked for pre-eclampsia. Took FOREVER (to be fair, they had a woman in real labor and one on the verge, so triage was full). Thankfully I brought a book this time. My labs all came back fine, but I have to do a 24-hour urine catch. Which is exactly what it sounds like. I have to urinate in a bucket, store it in a jug...and keep it in the fridge. Ew. I have to go back in tomorrow around one to turn it in and get another NST and BP monitoring. If the protein comes back high, I have pre-eclampsia. If it doesn't, I only have gestational hypertension. Blegh.
HOWEVER. If I DO have pre-eclampsia, I get induced tomorrow. TOMORROW! If I don't, I get induced sometime next week. So either way, I have a baby in the next ten days. :D Won't be 7/27, and there are better ways of finishing a pregnancy, but I'm not gonna be picky.
Of course, this also means I miss my last week of classes and have to find out what the profs want me to do about missing finals. I'm on total bed rest until the Berrykin is born. I had the option of staying overnight in the hospital, but chose to come home instead. Who wants to deal with more hospital bills? Yeah. Not me.
I'm going to take a nap now until the Hubby comes home. Then I'll have to get him to do some housework for me since I have been forbidden to do anything more than sit, lay down, and get up to go to the bathroom or take one shower in the day. Not cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment