Would somebody please tell me how it's July already? I mean, I'm not complaining. Not really. I started June wishing it were July already, after all. And here it is. And all I can think is, "Holy crap, it's JULY!" I have to push a baby out of me in five-ish weeks. :O I'm going to have a BABY. (A baby who still needs a name, as well as various household accoutrements.) A BABY! Tomorrow we're setting up the bassinet, and then the bedroom will be complete until there is actually a baby in it. :) (A baby!)
I also have my other campus class starting on Tuesday, which is most unfortunate. Unfortunate because it starts at the same time as I have my next OB appointment. The doc was very adamant that it be Monday or Tuesday, and that was the earliest one they had. So I'm going to have to miss the first day, unless I call the doc on Tuesday morning and they miraculously have an opening for Wednesday morning. Yeah, that's likely. :P I must've been thinking that my class started at 5:30, rather than being over at 5:30, 'cause I was sure it would work. Silly hormone-brained me. (Most hindering pregnancy symptom definitely goes to memory loss. I forget enough that I worry daily that I'm forgetting half my day!) It's only a 4-week class, so I REALLY don't want to miss any, but what can I do? I've been cramping off and on all day today with sporadic back pain and random pain shooting through my abdomen, so I really don't think I should put it off. (It's because it's a Friday, and a holiday weekend. If something goes wrong with my body, it's always on a Friday after 5. There's probably a psychological cause, but whatever it is, it's really irksome.)
Oh, and in case I have a random reader who DOESN'T know this, school loans SUCK. We've taken care of the Jeremelon's federal loans so they don't have to get paid until we have the money for it, but the private ones - the ones accounting for 2/3 of the total monthly payment - Sallie Mae has buckled down on those. We got a two-month extension we had to pay $100 for, but there's no way they'll do more than that unless he goes back to school. Again. So...yeah. Dunno what we're going to do there. Do know that private schools need to be more up front about how much loans suck, though. I know they would have a smaller enrollment, but seriously. My entrance loan counseling at Full Sail was, "Here, fill this out. Oh, that interest rate is really high. Do you have a cosigner? No? Okay, sign here." I was a cosigner for Jeremelon's biggest private loan, so I have pretty much no credit power (barely built up anything to begin with - he at least had paid off a car). What I do have is tied up in credit card debt. Hurray! :P But between the 2 (yes, just *2*) private loans he took out from Sallie Mae along with one earlier one, we're going to be paying what he currently makes every month. Because of all the scrambling to make up for everyone defaulting on student loans, there is no way we can shrink payments or anything. Personally, I think schools have a responsibility to tell their prospective students that they're going to be paying back more than a minimum-wage job pays in a month until they die. They said it would be difficult, but they ramped up everybody's hopes with talk of good job markets and expected field needs and statistics of how many graduates got good industry jobs in the past. Instead, we're here in debt-land and one of Jeremelon's good friends is living with his mom and working full time just to pay the monthly loan amount. We're all screwed.
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment