Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Want My Body Back

It's official.  Four weeks left, and I believe I'm done with being pregnant.  I don't know if I have a sinus infection (well, more of one, as it never goes away), or if it's just the hormones making my nasal cavities swell.  Either way, I can barely breathe out of my nose.  I was gung-ho about not worrying about it, assuming it was the latter, and just dealing until the baby was out and I could determine the cause.  But over the last three days it's gotten progressively worse.  Still, gung-ho!  Except the berrykin has gotten big enough that despite how low it snuggles into my pelvis, I still have feet in my ribs.  (Yesterday, I actually felt a sharp little heel just below my bra line.  Twenty minutes without moving, just jab-jab-jabbing.)  And my uterus is apparently extra tall, so the combination of pressure is significantly crowding my lung capacity.  I've been really lucky in that I didn't have this problem until now - some women have it for months, and I'll be saddled with it for six weeks.  Not too shabby!  And it wasn't so bad, until my nose closed up.  The two together, however, make me feel like I'm not getting ANY air, which is increasing my anxiety level.  With all the school stress currently on, more anxiety is not what I need.  So I went to my GP today, where I was informed that my nose is the worst she has ever seen.  Yay me!!  She gave me a scrip for amoxicillin, which is one of the only antibiotics safe for preggies, and some nasal sprays that don't get absorbed into the system (which she jokingly said wouldn't be a problem for me anyway, because it has nowhere to go).  Hopefully it's either an infection or stupid allergies, and one or both of the meds will improve air flow.

Blood pressure is still good - in fact, it's gone down a few points over the last couple of weeks.  Weight gain, on the other hand, keeps climbing the charts.  I gained ten pounds in two and a half weeks.  I'm blaming it on water retention and my constant, undying craving for fatty, sugary goodness.  Like ice cream.  Those two weeks, I wanted nothing so badly as a mountain high mud pie from Red Robin.  Yummmmmmmm.

Oh!  Did I mention I'm 36 weeks now?  I am five days from being full term!  Hurray!!  Kind of worried Berrykin isn't growing, though, now that I know my constant, never-ending, monster-sized appetite isn't actually doing anything to bulk up the wee one.  All that extra weight is being distributed around my belly, not in it.  : /  And I'm worried the OB will get upset that my next appt isn't until Friday, because that's a week and a half and they were pretty adamant about the *once every week* part of the NST.  Nothing I can do about it, though, as their computers were down when I tried to make an appointment and by the time I had a chance to call, Friday was all they had left.  Sigh.  I did such an awesome job of not worrying through most of the pregnancy, and now it's all catching up to me. :(  Got extra worried on Sunday because Berrykin barely moved.  It took 45 minutes to get 10 movements even after sugar when it usually takes 20, tops.  Not a happy day.  But now I'm thinking Berrykin was just saving up energy for today, 'cause gadzooks!  Pokey-pokey, kick-turn-jab!  All day long!  I think there might have been three whole periods of sleep in there.  Crazy baby. :)

But yes, I'm definitely ready to have my body back.  Doc diagnosed plantar fasciitis in my left foot, which I've had for almost a year now.  The only treatment is stretching out the tendon and taking ibuprofen, the latter of which I can't do.  Oh, and arch supports, which is why it started hurting again.  I had stopped wearing any shoes but my sneakers with inserts in them, but my feet swell too much and get too hot in them anymore so I snurched a pair of my sister's unused Keds.  They have NO support, so my foot's been hurting a lot again.  And it's affecting my knee, and those suckers don't heal quickly at all.  I SO want to be able to exercise in a way that's productive without making me feel like falling into a coma.  So many plans for activity, and no way to do them.  Is frustrating.  Must exercise patience, I guess, before I can move on to muscles. :P  I also want to be able to satisfyingly hug the Jeremelon.  Or snuggle properly.  I feel like we haven't been able to be close, even proximity-wise, in aaaaages.

Yep.  This baby can come any time now, and I'll be good.  I'll suffer through a long labor, even!  Still shooting for 7/27.  Fingers crossed!

No comments: