Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fetal Growth

Had my follow-up fetal growth scan today.  Berrykin wiggled for most of it, but thankfully didn't hide the parts that needed measuring like last time.  My fluid level was WAY up, like triple what it was last week.  (Obviously my day of drinking my weight in water yesterday paid off.)  Heartbeat was good like always.  Head and leg numbers came down a little, and tummy number went up!  Berrykin is now happily on the okay side of the growth restriction line, and shows growth (very good, because if the placenta doesn't work, baby doesn't grow, so placenta works).  Whew!  Still head-down (don't I know it -__- ).  And, though I had no idea a regular ultrasound could show it, Berrykin has a head full of hair!  That tickles me to no end.  :)

Oh, and because I like numbers, the tummy measurement put the baby's due date as my birthday.  The leg measurement put it at my sister's birthday.  But my due date, of course, remains the 9th. :)

Berrykin has lost 6 points in percentile standing, down to 20%.  So I am mostly likely having a small baby. I think maybe we need to go buy some "newborn" sized clothes, 'cause I assumed I was having an 8+ pounder like my mom did every time.

Oooooh!  And I only gained one pound over the last week or so!  Very excited about this!  MUCH better than the 4 - 5 pounds every week I WAS gaining.  Hoping it's leveling off...I've gained 41 pounds so far, 2/3s of it in the last two months.  The skin of my belly hurts SO much from all the stretching. :(

Only three more weeks until my due date, and hoping Berrykin comes a little early.  It would be REALLY nice not to have to go directly from giving birth to starting the fall semester.  (Hint, Berrykin, hint!)

No comments: