Summer 2010
(Likely I will end up dropping this altogether because I'm pretty sure I've used all of my financial aid for the year. But just in case...)
TR 1245 - 215: Human Variation (aka Advanced Human Evolution)
Online: Native Americans in American History
Online: Child Psychology (yay!)
Fall 2010
(Subject to change based on Jeremelon's work schedule and/or the availability of babysitter and/or the ability to take the berrykin to class.)
MW 1000 - 1115: Primate Studies (aka Advanced Non-Human Primate Evolution - huzzah!)
MW 1130 - 1245: Civil War and Reconstruction (my favorite period, handily available with the not boring teacher in the slot I needed it)
MW 1 - 215: Cross-Cultural Communication (one of two required classes I have left, for my Anthropology major and the only one NOT an upper division)
TR 4 - 515: The Neanderthal Enigma (can't wait!!)
TR 530 - 645: Mayan People and Culture (ooooooh)
Saturdays (with a couple Friday meetings) for six or so hours: Advanced Archaeological Field Research (::drool:: I'm hoping this counts for my senior experience, which makes it the only other class I have to take)
or
F 10 - 1250 Senior Seminar (the senior experience in my minor, if the above doesn't count. I think I can use the one in my minor)
What will most likely happen is my summer classes will get moved to Spring semester with my remaining four credits. I may also pare down Fall and shift some of its credits to Spring in the desire for sleep and more time with my newborn. That might rely heavily on whether the berrykin is early, late, or on time. (I'm hoping for early, like July 31st. Then we'll have our first July birthday, and I'll have an extra two weeks before class starts. More than likely, I'm sure, I'll end up giving birth after classes start. THAT will be tricky.) Also, I have to meet with my advisor to see how senior experiences work. The catalog only lists the Paleopathology class in spring as an SE, but there's a cultural one listed in the class schedule. But my Anthro advising handout says Advanced Field Research counts, too. And I'd rather take the History senior seminar than either of the other two Anthro ones. I also need to ask if it's absolutely required that we have 40 upper division classes, or if I can fudge that last one credit instead of taking another class.
Worst case scenario, Spring will look something like: Human Variation, Paleopathology (that's the study of long-dead bones and what killed them), American Revolution, Native Americans in American History, Advanced Geomorphology (or Stratigraphy; or two more upper division classes in whatever). Best case scenario, I have to take one history class in Winterim and I'm done.
Exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment