I woke up this morning with a massive ache in my lower back where it meets the pelvis. To get rid of it, I made myself get up and walk around more than usual right after waking and eventually the ache disappeared. Or maybe I replaced it. I ended up spending all day (and I mean all - like ten hours!) sorting through a year and a half's worth of old bills, statements, student loan paperwork, and insurance papers. It's been occupying (falling out of) a cupboard next to the computer for a while now, waiting for me to find a place to properly sort it to. I finally did. Now I am very conscious of every angry muscle in my back, neck, hips, thighs, and arms. (Why my thighs, that's what I want to know?) In one way, it hurts. In another, it's a beautiful feeling. I've missed my muscles. I haven't danced since my blood volume started increasing, and I miss it like mad. I think, maybe next weekend, I'll actually give up my dance space to have the boys move the table up. I can't eat on the floor for much longer. I have to have help up half the time. I feel like such a dork when I do it myself, with my belly swinging and likely looking more like a squishy, stuck crab than anything attractive. ::snicker:: It hasn't gotten old yet, though, so I find it terribly amusing. ^_^
I might not be able to move tomorrow...but that's not an entirely unpleasant prospect. I could use a reading day. It won't happen, of course, because the Jeremelon has had a cold for two days. It's a nasty thing, too, one I don't want to catch. It's ridiculous how easily something like making dinner exhausts a pregnant body (or maybe it's just mine...being 70 pounds overweight prior to conceiving might make some teeny tiny bit of difference...I suppose... <.< ). I've been experimenting to see how much I can handle, and if the last couple of days aren't a fluke, it looks like my energy is slowly returning. YAY!
Now I'm going to stumble into the shower, let the hot water run on my back, and then gently collapse into air mattress (I could call it bed, but that would be a lie. Beds are supposed to be comfy and comforting, aren't they? But it was cheap, and it's soooooo much better than the floor!).
Tomorrow promises the possibility of free baby stuff (HURRAY!) from an old friend, seeing said old friend and her baby, aaaand...probably laundry, dishes, dropping the Andyphid back at my mom's, and if the weather's nice, maybe actually be able to clean the car out from our trip to Phoenix. What an exciting life it is in the Berry Patch, eh wot? ^_^
No comments:
Post a Comment