Friday, September 2, 2011

Tummy Distress

My poor baby.  I think he's cutting molar #3 (possibly #4, too).  Plus, his tummy is not a fan of whole milk.  It didn't occur to me that might be the problem until about an hour ago!  Such a sillyhead.  We changed several things at once, the same day he got his 1-year shots.  Ever since then, he's been cranky.  At first, I think it was the shots.  Then I think it was the teeth.  But last night...yeah.  Last night, it was the constipation.  He's been spitting up again, too, but the constipation is the really concerning part.  He woke up to poop several times in the night, and couldn't fall back asleep.  I don't believe that's happened since he was new!  And now, all day today, he shrieks his poor little head off every time he poops, which takes a huge amount of effort for almost no payoff.  And his bottom *hurts.*  I can't tell why, because he's using super-glutes again to keep the area protected and away from offending wipes.  So I don't know if I'm treating super-acid, skin tears, or both.  I gave him some watered down apple juice this morning - it usually helps (so long as he doesn't get too much, or we swing full over to super-acid side).

Crap.  And now he woke up from a nap that wasn't even long enough for his cd music to stop playing.  So...like...half an hour?  Poor baby!

No comments: