Monday, September 26, 2011

New Blog

There's a new link under Pals 'o the Patch: Tales of a PoliSci Polliwog.  It's my required class journal for American Government.  I'm behind on posting, and we only have to have ten posts total, so it might not be worth anybody's time.  But it's there.  If you're bored.  I make it a point not to discuss politics, so this will be a challenge.  I want to be coherent and...mm.  I don't really care if I'm persuasive.  I want it to read like it's well thought out and maybe makes people think.

Chances are I won't keep it after the class is over, but it's a good exercise in writing.  Stretches my muscles in a way I'm not used to.  Suggestions on ways to improve my craft are always good. :)

(And wth is up with all the tiny flies??  I swear - I can't sit down to do anything at the computer without at least one trying to fly into my eyes/nose and generally making itself a nuisance.  No matter how many I kill, there's always another one to take its place...)

(Edit: I just realized upon posting this that what I really need is a blog dedicated to entertainment reviews.  Not only is that a good industry "in," but it's a totally different way to write.  One I need to improve.  And I essentially write reviews verbally when discussing the myriad games/movies/shows Jeremelon and I are exposed to.  Why not put it to virtual paper?  You know, because school, the baby, job hunting, the Journey, the new top-secret blog project, writing a novel, improving my cooking skills and home organization, getting fit, apartment hunting, website building, career structuring, and learning a programming language aren't enough.  ::blink:: )

No comments: