Time is zipping by like I'm asleep! To be fair, I might be. Halfway, anyway!
Berrykin finally cut that third molar a few days ago. Number 4 is still working. He's also started dancing to music by bouncing up and down when he's standing. ADORABLE. And he hits. Not so nice. Still wakes up two or three times a night, but at least he goes to sleep without a fuss! And nap time isn't so awful anymore, though he usually doesn't appreciate it. Always wakes up crying, too. The transition to whole milk hasn't been a fun thing. Now that I know his problem - his gluteus maximus is just too strong! - it's easier to help him. He still screams every time he poos, though. That's just from *maybe* four ounces of milk a day. I gave up trying to switch him to cups, though I still occasionally offer juice in a cup. I'd rather he be hydrated and on milk. Not awesome for his teeth (especially since he still demands a bottle every time he wakes up at night), but we'll just have to deal with that later. Here's hoping he has Daddy's perfectly straight, generally cavity-free teeth, and not Mommy's wussy enamel and cavity-prone ones...
I'm doing my best to get all kinds of things done during the day, but it just doesn't happen. I don't have enough sleep in me most days! Plus, lots of big, unfortunate emotions all over the place. My momberry moved to California a few days ago so she can spend time with her momberry before she heads to the great big berry patch in the sky. My grandmomberry turns 95 at the end of next month, but she's still goin'. Her memory has apparently started having hiccups, though, which is never a good sign. I'm not upset about her potential passing - she's had a good run, and...well...she's a sour grape, really. I love her, but I know *I* wouldn't want to spend as much time in a nursing facility as she has. It's a nice place, but...yeah. She's had to watch all of her friends and siblings go. She's a stubborn old broad, though, so who knows? The upsetting part is my momberry's life upheaval. She filed for divorce the same day she packed everything up. This is a good thing for the rest of us. We might have a non-dramatic year, for once! Not so much from her perspective. We're all hoping she'll be happy and healthier in California without him. And she had major surgery a week and a half before that, so hopefully that will help her feel better, too.
We're looking for a new apartment to move into, once the lease is up in November. That means I've also been looking for a job. After a great big frustrating run around with the Jeremelon, I've decided to go full-time. I don't want to - I want to stay home with the berrykin. It'll be hard on the Jeremelon, too, because he'll be here during the day, taking care of the wee one, and then having to go to work at night. Meanwhile I just have to go to work, and then come home and play with the baby for a couple hours before he goes to bed. And weekends. I'll have him to myself on weekends. But...urk. I really don't want to leave him all day every weekday! The thought of it makes me really sad and depressed, but that's the only way we'll start making the level of income we need to actually, you know, start paying off debt (or even ensure we pay all of our bills and eat each month). I'd rather wait until he's older, but life isn't going to let that happen. My own fault, really, but that's the way it's going to work.
Gotta say, job hunting SUCKS. Especially when trying to take classes online. And trying to improve physical fitness. I keep forgetting things are due, and I don't have the brain to read. And I really, really, REALLY want to write! It's overflowing my poor, exhausted brain. Creativity is spilling out and splashing everywhere. What a mess!
My goal is to be back on track with everything by the end of next week, and then start getting things done like, you know, before they're due. :P I have too many emotions all jumbled up vying for space left after lack of sleep takes its cut to deal with a whole lot. So it sits and doesn't get done. But! It will. I am determined!
Hopefully tomorrow I stop feeling sorry for myself, too. These last couple of days have been flippin' awful. Blagh.
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment