I have officially completed my second-to-last semester! With a 3.25 GPA! With a newborn berrykin and recovering from major abdominal surgery! I totally rock! ;)
Gotta say, though, my cumulative 2.96 is possible the most frustrating number I've ever seen. .04 away from a 3.0? Seriously?!? Bah!
I have a smattering of school-related stuff to do in January (like register to graduate - crazy!), and I don't really want to do it. I don't want to deal with classes that didn't transfer right. I don't want to have to meet with an advisor. It's going to be a long, complicated dissertation on why I'm not done, why I have so many transcripts, why I've been to so many different schools. Painful. Plus, it means I have to be on campus, which at the moment is easier said than done. I want to be lazy, skip all that, and just deal with the transcript stuff on my own. But I will be a good girl and do it anyway. At some point. When the offices are open again.
I'm actually looking forward to next semester. I dread it, too. I don't want to be away from the Berrykin for all of every Tuesday and Thursday. How do working moms cope with leaving their wee ones behind?? I'm so thankful I didn't have to do that very soon after he was born. It would have messed up our bonding ability even more than it already was. Plus, how do I deal with the breastfeeding angle? This causes me great anxiety. Oh, and to add insult, the movement initiative on campus that provided free yoga/meditation/zumba/etc. classes throughout the week, of which I was looking forward to taking advantage, shut down this month for lack of space. Dang nabbit! Just my luck.
Many challenges coming up. Hoping many causes for excitement, too! I just have to get through next month, and I should be happily set. :)
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment