The schools finally worked together and got the pooled class list posted. There are three schools - a community college, a university, and a state college - on the same campus. Every semester, they choose various classes to pool between schools. The university, for instance, has an osteology (human skeleton) class that I REALLY want to take. Unfortunately, next semester it's at the same time as the one class I can't change. Boo for me. In fact, both of the pooled Anthropology classes I would want to take are in the same time slot. Ah well.
So, I have my official, mostly-unchangeable schedule. I'll be in class Tuesdays and Thursdays only, from 11am - 7:45pm. Jeesh. Not sure how I'm going to handle pumping to keep my supply up. I know the campus has a lactation room, but I'm not sure how centrally located it is. Will I have time? I have no idea. I will think about that in January, a week or two before classes start. I have one break from noon to 1:45, I think. I have no idea how I'm going to handle being away from the Oliberrykin for so long! That part I'm really dreading. But it's my last semester, and I'm determined to be DONE!
Classes I'm taking:
Cross-Cultural Communication
This is my only specifically required class. It's lower division, and required of all Anth majors. It's also one of the multicultural classes, though, so I'm sure there will be lots of non-Anth people in it.
Human Variation
Genetics!! This Anth class looks at genetics across various human populations. It's taught by the bioanth prof, who also taught the mummies class I was in for a couple weeks last year. This is her last semester, because she got a grant for some massive project in China or some such (at least, I assume - they're hiring for a new bioanth prof, and she was applying for the grant when I was in Mummies).
Paleopathology: The Archaeology of Disease
This is my senior experience class, since I couldn't dig this semester. Paleopathology is the study of how long-dead people lived and died based on their remains (as opposed to forensic anthropology, which is the study of how recently deceased people died. The lab for forensic anth involves field trips to see pig carcasses decompose in different conditions. Yuck!) This one is also taught by the bioanth prof.
Basic Interactive Production
AKA: How to build a website using Dreamweaver. It's online. I'm taking it to hopefully raise my GPA. And to learn Dreamweaver. :)
Humans and Animals
An anth class studying the interaction of humans and animals across the span of time. It starts with hunting and eating them and ends with protecting them and keeping them as pets. It's taught by the archaeology head.
Rome and the Caesars
My last history class. I think there's one other in this time slot I might change it to. The one time I started this class before, our final project was going to be to compare Rome with us and Iraq or something, and I don't want to take a classical history class only to talk about current politics. On second check, nope, I was wrong. I could take Nazi Germany if I wanted to, I guess, but I'd rather take Rome. Or I could flip it so my history class was first thing in the morning, but then I'd be traveling during rush hour. That doesn't sound like fun.
And now the berrykin is up from his nap and he's eaten. He's playing with his dangly play mat, so I'm going to see about lunch.
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment