Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

I really need to do some life updates on here.  But tonight is not the time.  I need to do a year-end/beginning post, too.  Also not the time.

I do want to do a little reflecting, though, before I get caught up in everything we have going on this week. We're driving to California on Thursday so Jeremelon can say goodbye to his grandfruit.  It won't be a fun trip.  I'm certainly looking forward to getting away from my three-room world for a bit, but there's no way this will end with anything but tears.  Poor Jeremelon.  2009 ended with the discovery that both his grandfruit and his mommerfly had cancer.  2010 ended with the discovery that his grandfruit's tumor had grown too large to allow him to swallow, and that his other grandfruit also has cancer.  At least in 2009, we had the promise of a new berrykin.  In 2010, we had a wonderful berrykin with us, but that just made the stress that much worse, despite the fact that Berrykin makes us laugh quite often.

As for me, these were my goals for 2010:
Goal 1: Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby!!
Goal 2: Do my best to finish my degree in December. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. TRY HARD!
Goal 3: Write three times a week, almost every week.
Goal 4: Mild exercise four times a week, every week.
Goal 5: Get happy! You're having a baby. :D


Goals 1 and 5 went very well!  Goal 2 didn't happen, but I did actually try really hard.  9 credits in the summer while in my third trimester was a metric ton of work.  Goals 3 and 4 happened randomly throughout the year, but in all were pretty much failures.  On the whole, I'm not too upset by the way it turned out. :)  I would have liked to write more and exercise better (especially prior to giving birth), but that at least taught me how important it is to utilize my time productively.


My goals for 2011:
Goal 1: Get fit! Exercise for three hours every week.
(Bonus: Lose 50 pounds.)
Goal 2: Finish a novel so I can shop something again.
(Bonus: Land an offer!)
Goal 3: Graduate in May with at least a 3.0 cumulative.
(Bonus: 4.0 for semester.)
Goal 4: Get a job that pays more than minimum wage.
Goal 5: Become self-sufficient.



Please note that these are not resolutions.  I do not resolve to do anything just because we have a new year.  I simply like to know what I'm shooting for in the next 365 days. :)

No comments: