Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bred to the Apocalypse

I've always had a thing with rebuilding civilization after the (non-biblical) Apocalypse (or nuclear holocaust, or WWIII, or a new ice age, or whatever).  It's just one of my weirdnesses.

I just ran my calculations for metabolic rate and activity level.  Then I checked my caloric intake for the last two days.

It's no wonder I weigh exactly the same amount as I did after I dropped all the water weight.  Three weeks out of the hospital, today.  Same weight with no fluctuation in between.  It was driving me nuts.

I only eat about 2000 calories in a day.  Essentially, the right amount for the person I was in 2003.  Today, I *need* twice that much, just to power my systems.  Even more than that, I have the survival gene that senses famine and zooms to hang on to all the energy and nutrients it can.  I know that because whenever I get extremely stressed, I don't eat more (sometimes I eat less) and yet I gain weight.  A lot of weight.  Like 15 pounds in three weeks weight.  And both today and yesterday, I downed cookie dough and cookie dough and more cookie dough.  Result?  Still only hit 2000 calories.

At least I know that should that ice age or nuclear holocaust happen, my body will brave starvation with the best of them!

.........

-__-
Now I just have to figure out how to add more calories to my day without taking a lot of time...or money.

No comments: