Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Goods News and Bad News

Good news!  I haven't killed anybody yet!!

I found a quick and good-for-me solution: Exercise off the rage.  So far, it's working.  Plus, it gets me out of the confines of the apartment.  I keep trying to get the Jeremelon to take the berrykin out for a morning to the zoo or the aquarium - anywhere, really - but he ends up being too tired from getting up all the time to help his mom use the toilet (in the living room - yay...).  The result is that the berrykin has reverted to extra-hyper-monster-child.  He doesn't want to sleep.  He zooms around the apartment, shrieking his head off.  You know, because the space that he was free to play in has been more than halved.  I don't blame him.  But because he can't go out, he goes up.  We keep finding him sitting on the desk that holds the big flatscreen tv.  Or pulling all his clean diapers off the third shelf of the bookcase.  He also goes under - Jeremelon lost him today because he was hiding under a chair that was pushed in under a desk. (As opposed to last night, when Jeremelon lost him because he was being a good boy and sitting on the futon mattress on the floor...he was just behind a piece of furniture, so very tired Jeremelon didn't see him.)  This same thing happened when we first moved here, and I was keeping him trapped in the playroom to stay out of the in-laws' hair.  He gets mean and loud and crazy because he wants to explore and run around and be free.  I might have to start getting up with him and taking him to the zoo first thing in the morning (summer hours here start at 7, I think).  The juniper count should have fallen enough by now that I won't want to chop my head off an hour later...

More good news: We're going back to Colorado!  At least to visit.  I am REALLY hoping it's a more permanent thing.  We're waiting for news on the employment front to find out.  I'm not really sure when we'll get there.  I was thinking we would leave yesterday, but then came the news of impending blizzard in CO (which totally didn't happen), and the news that we have a week to wait until we hear about the job front.  Now, because we're not sure how long we'll REALLY have to wait, and because it's easier to drive two cars together than make the trip separately (do I wake up the baby to go to the bathroom, or wait an hour and hope my bladder doesn't explode?), I don't know when it will be exactly.  Right now, I'm thinking when I get at least halfway through my second novella, and after the first gets edited and sent off to beta readers.  Also, I want to wait until I get my copywriting money.  You know, so we have gas money. :P

The bad news: Because of everything in my last post, I had to make a choice in order to make life work right.  It was a crappy choice, but I felt SO MUCH better after making it.  There wasn't nearly enough time to get all my writing necessities done to hit my deadlines as well as all my homework and paid writing.  I couldn't give up my exercise time - which is only 30 - 45 minutes, anyway - because...well, I couldn't.  That was non-negotiable.  The only solution was to take an F in my java class so I could stop doing the homework.  It was eating up all my time, because not only was it a lot of work, but I spent all day every day worrying about getting it done.  So, big bummer.  But that's life, right?  We have to make choices, and sometimes all the options suck.  I refuse to screw over my writing project, and I still needed my sanity, so the only acceptable solution was to screw over my grades.

So that is life right now.  Happening, but...at least it's not as 100% awful as I was sure it was going to be!

No comments: