Thursday, December 13, 2012

Procrastination, As Always

I should be writing.  I have work due today.
I should be brainstorming.  D'Onion and I have collaborative work that needs to be addressed today and finished over the weekend.

I should be writing.  My novel won't write itself.
I should be brainstorming.  My novellas won't inspire themselves (at least not until they're partially written).

Berrykin is sitting nicely next to me, coloring and being quietly focused (in between bouts of watching all his crayons roll off the table, anyway).  I should be using this time a little more constructively.

Instead, I'm obsessing over things I can't change right now.  I've updated my (messy and highly disorganized) debt ledger.  I fiddled with my FAFSA and then emailed my financial aid advisor (more on that in another post!).  I've gone over all my blogs for reading, added a couple more from last night to the rounds, and contemplated writing posts.  I've trawled Facebook.  I've done a quickie version of my daily job opening watch.  I've updated my iCal.

Granted, all this stuff is stuff that needs to get done.  It's all important, though some of it less so than the rest.  My brain is instead obsessed with the future.  Planning for it.  Making it happen the way I want it to.  Figuring out what "the way I want it" really means.  It's irritating.  Frustrating.  Fruitless.

And now I'm blogging about it, because whining is easier than writing.

So now that this post is complete, I'm going to change a diaper and find out which design I'm supposed to be making a storm in my brain over.

No comments: