Monday, April 2, 2012

Oh, the Insanity!

I feel like my brain has been disconnected, and it's sending phantom signals to my body.  Just enough to remind me there are things to be doing, but not with anything resembling the solidity to actually do them.  It's highly frustrating.  In the hopes of overcoming this 80-car pile-up on the railroad tracks of my mind, I've decided to go back to my old Journey of 1000 Groans to keep everything straight.  No more to-do lists here!

I have so much school that has to get done.
We're supposed to be moving this summer...preferably in June before the heat overwhelms me.
Project after project lines up in my writing queue, desperate to be written.
My body demands hard work to improve, but keeps breaking down in the process.
And there's this adorable wee berrykin who monopolizes my time to feed, clothe, tickle, and otherwise care for like a good and happy momberry.

Hoo-ee!  There are just not enough hours in a day!

It's my new goal to make this blog a happy, positive reinforcement of my achievements, in situ.  On the fly.  As they happen.  Hopefully, I'll be collected enough to provide links to my other blogs wherein you can read about things in more detail, should there be details to be had.

Right now, I have to say this.

My berrykin is unbelievably adorable.  And brilliant.  And sneaky.  Anything he knows he's not supposed to have, he will crawl behind the couch with.  Whenever he is told "no," he breaks out in a huge grin with a case of giggles, because he knows very well that I can't resist him.  Sometimes that applies to bedtime, too.  He's also rapidly approaching two, complete with demanding tantrums.  For instance, today after we took an hour-long stroller ride, he screamed his head off the instant we got home. Why?  Because he wanted to walk back down the stairs by himself.  Once I let him do that, he wanted to keep going.  I have no idea where.  Apparently, to adventure.  When I put him in the car instead, another tantrum ensued.  This one lasted for a good ten minutes, until we were on a long enough stretch of road that the vibrations soothed him.  Still, he would occasionally add a whimper, just so I knew he was still upset.  Did I mention he's also a little pill?  He has a habit of throwing unwanted food on the floor when he's done eating.  Yesterday, I heard his fruit hitting the floor from the other room while I got dressed, and called to him not to throw it on the floor.  So he threw it all over the table, instead.  Because he's a good boy like that.

And I love him so very, very much!

I dearly want to give him another berrykin to play with in the patch, but I can't.  First, I have to lose 80 pounds.  I have to get those parts of my body, like my thyroid, fixed and working properly.  And I have to find an extra source of income that doesn't presently exist.  All of that is so very irritatingly practical compared to the upwelling of love and wanting for a berrykin I don't have yet.

Sigh.

So I shall lavish my undivided attention (ha!  Have you seen my list of homework??) on my single wee berrykin.  And I shall walk.  And I shall dance.  And I shall dream.  And hopefully this time next year, I will have a secret I can't tell anyone about yet. :)

No comments: