Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012

I don't make resolutions.  Even when a person is highly dedicated to making them happen, they still generally peter out by March, lost to the void of Life Happenings.  That makes them rather pointless in my book.

I do, however, make goals for the year.  Most of them I don't post.  They're for me to shoot for, not for others to know.  Some are simply ways I want to change myself, or the way I live my life.  Others are more tangible, but still more dream and intention than anything I think will actually happen.  They're the things I want to try to make happen, but if I don't, it's something to try for the next year.  These guys I have no problem sharing.

I'm a little sad this last day of 2011, because one of my goals for 2012 was to get pregnant in March.  Very few of the list of things that HAVE to happen before that's possible actually got taken care of, so there will be no Berrykin #2 next year.  The depth of my desire to make that happen was beyond words, and I'm therefore wordless to describe how disappointed I am.  Instead, I shall make 2012 a year of Productive Things.

Without further ado, my list of functional goals for 2012:

1. Actually graduate.  With a 3.5 cumulative, if possible (don't think it is, but I can come close!).
2. Get rid of half this excess physical baggage.  I have to drop at least 50 pounds before I will decree the field is ready to grow a new berrykin.
3. Get all of these stupid physical ailments addressed, if not fixed.  (SPA being my thyroid, my pelvis, my eyes, and my jaw, in that order.)
4. Submit something again!  I don't care what it is; my hand has been too long out of the game.
5. Set my feet firmly on a career path.  I've got a dream plan, a reality-based plan, a side plan, and a back-up plan.  Just in case.

That is my year, in prospect.  How 'bout yours?

No comments: