Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Quick Update

1. Is this what school is like for most people?  The ones that enjoy it?  Or just a few?  'Cause this semester ROCKS!  So far, anyway. :)

2. Sinusitis is a bad, bad thing.  It's getting worse, because my sinuses are becoming less sensitive and more tolerant of their generally raw state.  This time, I didn't even realize it was worse than normal until all the lymph nodes on the right side of me from behind my ear/base of the skull down my neck to below my clavicle were swollen.  I didn't even realize THAT until I went in to see why I suddenly had a huge, super tender lump at the base of the front of my neck.  First opinion was an issue with my thyroid, which I suppose it could still be.  Except that it's not nearly as sore as it was the last couple of days.  I'm so VERY glad that swallowing doesn't hurt nearly as badly anymore.

3. The Berrykin is six months old!  He sits.  He pulls himself up on things he can get his hands around (namely my fingers).  He doesn't yet roll from back to front, and we're skeptical he'll crawl at all.  But time will tell.  He currently has a bit of a cold, with a stuffy/runny/bloody nose, poor baby.  But that's likely to happen in negative-degree weather.  Oh, and I told him "I love you" at one point this evening, and I swear what he responded with sounded like a first attempt to mimic the whole sentence.  MELT!

4. Feeling done with Colorado.  Don't think we'll ever have the funds to move ever again, though.  Maybe not even out of our one bedroom apartment, which will prove troublesome in the coming months, let alone once the lease is up and the baby is sixteen months old and still sleeping in our room.  I was really wanting to land the Anthropology internship at the museum this year, but it looks like they might not be running it.  Just my luck!  (This appears to be this year's theme, actually.  All those things I was really interested in years/semesters past suddenly and without warning become unavailable now that I have the time/ability/motivation to pursue them.)  My guess would be because they have a big find being dug up in the mountains.  MAJOR bummer.

5. I thought I had five things.  Guess not!

No comments: