Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Baby Business

The Berrykin is weaned.  I am torn over this.  On the one hand, I'm sad he's old enough.  I miss the teeny tiny thing he used to be.  I miss the connection.  I don't miss the fighting to keep him latched and interested, or listening to him wail in frustration.  I also have a *ton* of extra energy, and I can take medicine again and cut calories and exercise more.  All good things.  But I'm still sad. :(

Berrykin also rolls!  Around!  All over!  This afternoon, I was sitting on the futon doing something on the laptop when there came a banging from beneath me.  I looked over the edge, and there he was, smiling up at me, all but his head and one arm under the futon.  He managed to get himself half wedged under the couch (I typed that as "cough" and didn't notice until I glanced back through before posting - guess what's been plaguing me for over a week?) later, too, but it's too low for more than his legs to fit under it.  Silly boy. :)

His third tooth is also coming up, top right.  It made him a terror for three days, then he settled down.  Which I find a blessing, as it hasn't broken through yet.

School continues to go well.  The Jeremelon's work is less than adequate, though.  All those promises they made him when he got the job about moving up and lots of positions becoming available to do so fell waaaaay short.  They in fact have an enormous overpopulation of managers, and routinely drop them into open slots instead of moving up people who've been at the site longer and meet all the qualifications.  Some of them have been there five+ years.  As supervisors.  On barely more than minimum wage.  Some with families.  It's nuts.  I found him a job to apply for that would pay almost double what he makes now, but it required he work all five work days, and that doesn't work.  Not until the middle of May.  Grr.  Retail pays nothing.  He got a 20 cent raise for being there a year...which is more than it used to be, but still not exactly a lot.  :P

And now I go to bed.  Once the Berrykin is fed, since he cried as I typed that...

No comments: