Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mobility!

The Berrykin crawls!  He's been working on it for several weeks now, slowly working up his courage and coordination.  His legs had it down ages ago, but it took him until today to figure out how to get the arms to do what they need to.  In between, he did a bit of army crawling, got pretty speedy at backward scooting, and has given himself rug burns on his face more times than I can count.  He is SO CUTE!  And big!  We weighed him...I have no idea when it was.  20 pounds!  Under six to twenty in about seven months.  He likes his food. :)  Unfortunately, I've been trying to get his raw, raw bottom to heal for two weeks, so we took him off solids two days ago as a last resort.  So much better now!  I'm not sure what I'll do when it's healed, as far as reintroducing foods.  : /

Oh, he's also hit stranger anxiety big time.  He used to just stare and stare and stare, but my dad came over the other night.  No matter what he did, Berrykin cried.  And he's been sooooo clingy.  -__-  My back is exhausted.  And I haven't gotten anything done lately.

Speaking of which, I have officially under a month until finals are over!  O_o  So scary!  I feel like I have no brain left, and I will be tremendously relieved when it's done.  Of course, then I'll have a job to contend with...but I won't be having to write papers and case studies and taking tests.  Hopefully, I'll be able to leave work at work, and enjoy all the hours off so I can work up to writing again.  (And speaking of THAT, if you want to find out what it looks like when I DO write, pop over to Facebook.  My personal page is a fan of my professional page.  (If you are a casual visitor and would like to follow me, comment, and I'll let you know the name of the page!)  I'm trying to post often about the trials and rewards of attempting to write a book and get it published.  I will be posting daily, just as soon as I have the time and mental capacity.)  I have a boatload to do still before I'm done with school, though.  Three little papers, a BIG paper/presentation (the research for which I've only barely started), three quizzes, umpteen articles to read, and Guilder to frame for it.  Bah!

My allergies are also kicking my behind currently.  And I think I'm sick.  Because of all this never-ending exhaustion and lack of concentration, I'm having my blood drawn on Monday so they can check my thyroid.  Postpartum thyroiditis is apparently pretty common.  I both hope it is and hope it isn't that.  I don't want thyroid issues on top of everything else.  : / On the other hand, I don't seem to be able to get more sleep, no matter how hard I try.  The Jeremelon has no trouble.  He fell asleep at 7:15, right after he put the baby to bed.  And me?  No matter that I was falling asleep on myself an hour ago, I'm cleaning the bathroom and taking a bath and blogging and picking up and brainstorming story and kicking myself for all the work I didn't do earlier (not, thankfully, all at the same time!).  I confuse myself, sometimes.

No comments: