Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September?!?

How is it already September??  The sunny days are going away!  I need more sun.  They can't be going away already!  :(  I guess we'll just have to make sure I get outside every day, once the pollen count drops. Gotta get more Vitamin D.

The in-laws are in town.  On the one hand, it's nice.  I don't have to worry about the Oliberrykin so much, and I have a chance to sleep.  On the other hand...well, the mother-in-law is a font of perpetual energy with no place to go.  I am not the sort of person who deals with go-go-go! people very well.  Five minutes with her, and I'm exhausted.  When I'm exhausted, I get extra cranky.  PMS on steroids cranky.  I don't like it.  I smacked the Jeremelon hard enough to hurt this morning because he wouldn't wake up and I was too tired and upset to keep trying the nice ways of waking him.  I don't want to be that wife.  He is now making a concerted effort not to be whiney...

School started, and as always, my schedule is totally different from what it was.  I dropped my field school, leaving me majorly depressed for a couple of days.  I REALLY wanted a chance to dig.  But, it's in (as far as I can tell) an area I have no interest in, and I'm trying to convince myself that Paleopathology will be better than I expect this spring.  Instead, I have Cross-Cultural Communication, which is a 2000-level class required of all Anthropology majors.  It meets one day a week for three hours.  That's better than making the Jeremelon shift his schedule around for me.  (Rant about my husband's shortcomings deleted.  Just know that this is a major point of marital contention.)  And I have three online classes to bring me to full-time status so I keep insurance (have to remember to fill out paperwork to get the baby on state insurance.  Mine doesn't cover well baby visits, which is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard!).  One cultural anthropology class about how to change one's perspective and be accommodating of other cultures and how to further release one's ethnocentrism to allow for greater, in-depth study of "others."  And two technical communication classes about interactive media.  One of them is predominantly making ourselves a website in DreamWeaver, and the other involves all the pre-production work that goes into writing for all kinds of electronic media.  Not really excited for the semester anymore, but that's okay.  I am consoling myself with promises of snuggly baby time and a greater likelihood of writing.

Oh, and the Berrykin is now more than a month old.  How is that possible?  I miss being pregnant.  Not that last six weeks or so, but the rest of it.  Not enough I want to be pregnant again yet, but a lot.  I'm so flabby now and I can't do anything about it.  So even though I want to hand the baby to Jeremelon and flounce myself over to the gym for a walk on the treadmill (or a ride on a bike!  I'll be able to do that again!), I can't.  Not for another two weeks. :(  Sad Hollyberry.  Still not sure about having more kids, either.  I want to go at least one more round, but I desperately don't want another c-section.  Tricky.

No comments: