Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Autumn = Going Virgo

I've commented on this before, though not on this particular blog.  For me, autumn always carries order on its leaf-strewn currents.  Maybe it's because I subconsciously equate it with a new school year.  Maybe it's the changing light urging me to complete things before winter arrives.  It could be that one, beautiful year that my autumn brought amazing things my way, and ever since I've unconsciously sought to recreate it.  Whatever the cause, I want accomplishment.

In past autumns, I:
- started the story that went on to be my first completed manuscript.
- entered my first writing contest.
- started my second completed manuscript.
- wrote my first short script.
- fought for a job.
- fought for a relationship.
- stood up to my biggest oppressor.
- made huge, life-changing decisions.
- made a baby.
- stood alone by choice.
- found myself.
- endured.
- made myself happy.
- lost twenty pounds.
- got married.

Autumn is my favorite month, but it totally brings out the Virgo in me.  Both the good (the structure, the workaholic, the loyal friend, the demander of quality) and the bad (the demander of quality, the nitpicker, the ice queen).  It also brings out the romantic in me, longing for long talks on chilly nights, walks under changing trees, and snuggling under blankets.  Not to mention time spent with family and friends of all kinds.  And random needs to rebuild civilization.  Yeah, I know I'm weird.

I only have three months to accomplish those lofty goals I set for the year.  Hopefully the hormones will recede soon so I have the ability to do so!

No comments: