Tuesday, June 8, 2010

School's In For Summer!

I am soooooo exhausted!  I barely got any exercise in - I walked only from one side of campus to the other and back again, and it's not a huge campus - but I could collapse now.  I can't, of course, because I have one last thing to do for my Journey of 1000 Groans (plus that hour I'm supposed to wait after irrigating my nose, which I haven't done yet).  I am going to be so tired for the next two months.  But hopefully it'll be good for me!

My one serious complaint is that they don't make desks for pregnant women.  I have no idea how extra large people manage to sit in those things.  The berrykin didn't appreciate it.  Kicked me for two of the two and a half hours of class.  Berrykin is not a kicker.  I've taken to calling it Squirmy.  Did a lot of that during class, too.  It's tremendously distracting.  There were several times I blinked at the board, realizing I had no idea what the teacher had been talking about for the last minute or two.  Thankfully, today was all review for me.  Old World origins and the peopling of the New World, as well as some basic North American ancient civilization stuff thrown in.  Whew!  Silly Berrykin.  I was so worried about squishing the poor thing that I ended up straining my back from sitting there in weird positions the whole time. :P  Feels better now, hours and hours later.  Good to know for future reference.

Tomorrow I have two classes, one I just added today.  I was waaaaay too tired after a single class to be okay taking two every day Monday through Thursday and being on campus for six hours.  So I dropped the World War class I had M-R and added a T/R Young Adult Literature class.  Now I'm only on campus for six hours two days a week.  And I'll have boatloads of extra reading.  But that's okay.  I've been wanting to expand my craft through study for a couple months now, and this is perfect.  I just don't know how much energy I'll have to devote to my 1000 Groans.  These silly upper division classes require so much silly reading! :)

Berrykin has also been squishing up into my lungs.  Doesn't do it much, but enough that I notice.  Still snuggles mostly into my pelvis usually, which makes walking hard and breathing easier.  I only worry I won't know when lightening occurs, and I'll miss the main impending arrival sign.

31-week appointment Wednesday.  We're gettin' there!

No comments: