I have finally fallen into the trap that consumes almost all pregnant women. The weight trap. It's evil. I know I'm supposed to be gaining weight, but those guidelines floating around everywhere make it seem like I should be able to keep my weight within a specific set of limits. Instead of gaining the .5 - 1 pound I'm supposed to, I gain 2. Every week. Despite that I've been walking almost every day for the last two. I hate it! My OB doesn't provide any support for that sort of thing (if I want to know how I'm doing, I have to ask. Boo). She doesn't really provide support any sort of thing, actually. :T It makes it difficult to not worry about whether or not I'm having the best pregnancy I could be. I know the baby is fine. I know I'm fine. I just don't know if I will continue to be fine because of this stupid gain. Technically I've only gained 24 pounds at almost 32 weeks, which isn't awful. But watching the scale climb is scary! And depressing. I keep feeling there's more I should be doing to keep it from climbing so fast, but I don't think there is. I walk, which wears me out FAST. I don't eat gobs (although I have been letting myself indulge in sweets again; must stop that), and what I do eat is generally necessary. I can always tell when I haven't eaten enough.
The better news is that a good chunk of that IS the baby. I woke up yesterday and I swear my belly was an extra inch long. It's also filled out, so a lot of what used to be fatty deposits on top of my uterus is now not. I keep running into things because when standing straight, there's still no belly visibility. -__- That didn't used to hurt.
Anyway, my new Journey of 1000 Groans is going well. It's helping me keep track of things daily as well as helping me see where my procrastination demons live. I update once or twice a day, so if you're really bored, there's usually something there.
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment