Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Chaos in the...Everywhere

I don't know how it happened. It swoops in several times a year and disrupts everything, steals motivation, screws with schedules, and generally makes life hard.  It's called exhaustion, and it's a problem.

Actually, I know where this exhaustion comes from. It's a personal thing that doesn't belong to me so I'm not going to comment on it, but it messed with my sleep. Then it messed with my daily schedule. Then it destroyed my emotional stability. Then my parents came to town, and we hauled boxes and furniture around storage on a couple freaking-hot days. Then Sims 4 came out. Plus, Jeremelon's been having a ton of work issues to deal with, including picking up extra shifts. That, I suppose, is how we got from doing supremely awesome mid-August to feeling like we're barely hanging on today. I mean seriously - the 9th?! Of September?! Come on!

All of that is making the Berrykin a monster again. Whenever we get stressed, he gets overly physical. He's started biting everything he can get his teeth on, just for fun. He hits, he kicks, he flails, and he laughs the whole time he's doing it. All he wants to do is play video games and watch tv (though I did manage to get him to play with his kitchen yesterday, even BY HIMSELF, which was a miracle on its own), and he throws enormous tantrums when those get turned off. 

I'm kind of glad now that his full speech evaluation isn't until the end of the month, so he can't start school until next month. 'Cause I wouldn't wish him on any preschool teacher ever right now. I love him to bits, but wow.

With the intention of fixing all this chaotic awfulness, I've gone on an unannounced Facebook hiatus. Like, five minutes ago. It will last until I get my mess together. Sleep, food, living space, writing, outings, exercise, errands, cleaning.  All of it is a mess, and all of it needs to be addressed ASAP.

I will still be using Twitter, 'cause it's a business thing, and posting on my various blogs. (My first work project might be going live tomorrow! Of course, you can't play it until you've gone through the first three chapters...and I got stuck just shy of completing the first...so...yeah...the likelihood that anybody I know will ever read it is pretty slim. But is okay! I get paid to write a video game! :D Oh...so maybe I'll pop onto Facebook when I hear it goes live to announce it...but that's it!)

I'm hoping it won't take months, plural, but honestly, we have so much stuff to get through and fix and figure out, that it might. : / Stay tuned for my heroic battle with organization and self-discipline!

No comments: