I think I mentioned previously that I got a job, yes? It's contract work. I didn't want to say anything before I knew what I was allowed to say.
I signed my Non-Disclosure Agreement, so now I can officially say:
I'm writing dialogue for Idol Minds' "Tales of Honor" game.
The level of awesomeness involved in this job is way, way, WAY up there! I get PAID to write dialogue for characters in a military sci-fi setting. (It's based on David Weber's Honorverse series.) There's a bunch of design involved, too, but I'm still learning that aspect.
Paid. To WRITE. FOR A VIDEO GAME.
Don't worry - I'll wait while you get your envy under control.
........
Seriously. I'M jealous of me. That's how cool my job is!
In the empty space between work sessions (did I mention I work from home?), I've plotted two new novels of my own and an extra short story to go with one of them.
The only problem is that my body doesn't appreciate being forced to sit in my crappy office chair. My lower back isn't real happy with using my exercise ball, either. First chance I get (meaning we have a surplus of cash after all bills are paid - so maybe for Christmas), I'm getting a new chair. One with arms that support mine and a gorgeous, luscious curve of lumbar support.
But, you know...not complaining! I have essentially Dream Job, Level 1 here. Nothin' to complain about there! :D
7 years ago
1 comment:
That sounds AWESOME! Way to go! :D
Post a Comment