January and February are also notoriously difficult for me. It took me years to figure out that I should wait to make major, life-altering decisions until March because before that, I'm a complete and total mess. Antsy. Edgy. Depressive. Prone to rash decisions that don't reflect life outside of January and February. I find I do better coping with either a lot to keep me occupied or something new to be excited about.
So, for January and February (and hopefully longer), I'm setting up some new household rules. Because they're radically different from where we are now, they're likely going to be difficult and take some serious getting used to. I need them, though. *We* need them, if we're going to keep our heads above water in the sea of change. Plus, they're just better for us and I've been wanting to implement them for years!
New Hearth Rules:
1. As little tv as possible during the day, working up to no more than one hour a day for Berrykin and one day every week without ever turning it on.
2. Make all of our food at home, as healthfully and cheaply as possible.
3. Play outside at least 3 times a week, weather permitting.
4. Take at least 1 (inexpensive) Berrykin outing every week; make a cash fund expressly for this purpose.
5. Take a me day once a week so I don't go crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment