I'm supposed to be doing homework. But I'm so totally not doing it. I made the decision not to nap while the Berrykin napped, in the hopes of fixing my bedtime schedule (going to bed at 5am just doesn't work with a toddler who gets up three hours later, even with a helpful Jeremelon who gets up with him). I was supposed to do homework rather than sleep, 'cause I anticipate being too darn sleepy to get it done after he goes to bed.
Instead, I have so far accomplished the following today:
- 5 loads of laundry cleaned
- 4 loads of laundry folded and put away
- 1 load of dishes put away
- 1 load of dishes done
- Baby dishes soaking
- Mattress rotated
- Computer mess picked up
- 3 piles of paperwork sorted
- Husband's side of the bed restored to order
- My side of the bed restored to order
- Space under the bed cleaned out
- Books back on shelves
- "Lost" textbook rental determined not to be in bedroom
- 3 bags of trash collected, consolidated, and waiting to be dumpstered
- 2.5 energy bars used up in Hidden Chronicles
- Dinner mentally prepped
- 3 episodes of Avonlea watched
- Berrykin read to twice, fed 3 times, played with four times, and taught to put away Daddy's socks once, then put down to nap
- 4 diapers changed
- Fed self twice
- 1 email sent to aunt I haven't talked to in too long
- 1 message sent to a friend with questions about a writing gig
- 5 examples similar to writing gig read and analyzed
- Bills checked and due dates entered into calendar
- To-do list started for things I keep forgetting about
- One post about procrastination written
This is what my days have been looking like:
- Eat lunch
- Play with baby as possible
- Feed baby dinner
- Watch Thomas twice
- Get baby read for and into bed for the night
- Write for 30 minutes
- Play all the games of Hidden Chronicles ever
- Zone out
- Studiously ignore mess in kitchen
- Try not to kill self maneuvering through bedroom
- Dance
- Shower
- Chat with hubby when he gets home from work around 3am
- Go to bed
- Repeat.
So...yeah. Sometimes procrastination is very very useful. For housework. Not so much for the bazillion papers I have to write between now and the 24th...
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment