Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Totally Unplugged

We've decided to unplug ourselves from the internet for the summer.  It will no doubt be hardest on me, because even with selective unplugging, I feel like I need the activity.  And the berrykin will need us to buy a Thomas and Friends dvd to replace what we get from Netflix, because I don't know that he will ever sleep again without it (she said only somewhat sarcastically).

This move is mostly financial.  Because the job search can be long and difficult, and because our schedules for said new job are themselves tricky, I don't know when we'll be able to plug back in.  Saving $100 a month is good, and this is really the only non-essential thing in the budget.  I'm looking forward to being forced to use my time both more wisely and more productively.  It will also give me something to "go do" outside of the house that doesn't cost much.  I can walk the two-mile-round-trip to Panera, buy a healthy snack or drink, check email, job hunt, send in school work, and update various blogs for some nice "me" time.  And then if I'm feeling strong enough, I can pick up a couple groceries at Sunflower for cheap and tasty dinner.  I'm not entirely sure how that will work, though, because it'll get too hot for me to want to go anywhere before too long.  But still.  Better use of time at home!  More creative play!  A reason to leave the house! :D

What I'm REALLY hoping for is a word count boost.  I did well enough last week, but I've been really slacking with writing this week.  I have tonight, tomorrow, and Thursday to get in 7,000 words.  Bad me!

I'll try to update occasionally with anything big.  I hope everyone has a great summer!

No comments: