I have a summer challenge going on at 1000 Groans (link on right). It's to help me try to stay on track with my writing and my exercise, and give me a little way to be proud of myself about it.
But! I want to add a couple more things that don't fit into that challenge. So I'm going to keep track of those here. :)
We do really well watching what we eat for about ten days, and then we fall off the wagon. I want that to not happen! In order to do that, I have to get really strict about buying food for meals ahead of time, and planning those meals ahead of time. Part of that is really hard, because Jeremelon's schedule is all over the place. Days he's supposed to be home for dinner, he's often a couple hours late. Days he's supposed to leave at dinner time, there's often a lot we're trying to get done with the day. I want to control better for those problems.
So! My first goal for the next two weeks (of habit forming) is to plan our meals for the week on Thursdays, and have them ready and waiting when it comes time for dinner/linner/lunch. Tacked onto that, I always want to make sure we always have easy-to-grab, healthy snacks in the fridge/pantry, because I am HORRIBLE about snacking instead of eating when I'm hungry.
My second goal is to have my stupid correspondence course done by 7/15. That's a frick ton of work, considering I have one of 14 papers done, and by the 15th I'm supposed to have read six books. (Which reminds me - I need to go to the library tomorrow.) If I don't do that, I will not only NOT graduate this summer, but I will be more than a little tempted to take classes this fall. I don't want to be stuck again for another semester. As tempting as field school and programming and dance class might be............. So, I intend to work my tail off to get that done. If it doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen. But I can't take the job I desperately want if I don't have my degree, or if I take more classes. Not that I think I'll get it, but one never knows!
I might have more for the summer, but I'll come back for those. :)
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment