I just have to say, I have an adorable baby. Yesterday I put him on his little gym mat to entertain himself while I did dishes (because, holy cow, gag!). At one point, he started talking really loud and stern-like, which is normal for extended gym play (I like to think he's telling the "zebra" on it that it needs to do something to make it seem more like a zebra and less like a bug, but I shall never know). Then a few minutes later, he got even LOUDER. That isn't normal, so I dried my hands and took the couple of steps toward the couch so I could see over it. There he was, no longer on the mat, his head against the base of his swing (thankfully I'd moved it over when I laid him down so he wouldn't ram into it straight on...don't know why I did, because this has never happened before). I have NO IDEA how he got there. But it made me laugh all the same, especially since he was giving me his Stern Look, that seeks to chastise me for not doing exactly what he wants when he wants it. (I think this might mean trouble in a year or two, since he's not quite four months yet, and he's already asserting his opinion!)
Then this morning, I awoke to the Jeremelon's animated telling of how he finally got roared at. I don't remember the Andypillar doing this. Don't know how many babies do. But it is just THE most adorable thing! Berrykin will be talking excitedly, thrilled to have somebody's undivided attention for a long span of time, happy that they're speaking his language instead of Big People Talk. Then all of a sudden, buried in string of baby words, he'll let out this huge roar. It'll go something like this: "Nga oo-a ndao gha RAAAAWR blllo." And then invariably he is interrupted by a fit of grown up giggles that only escalates as he glares indignantly at the offender. That's what I get for having a Leo baby in a Tiger year, I guess. ^_^ He doesn't meow anymore, which kind of makes me sad. That was one of his first sounds.
His newborn fuzz finally wore off in the last week or so. Because he wasn't done baking yet when they took him out of the oven, he had a pretty thick coating of fuzz on his shoulders and arms to make up for his lack of fat. He also had swarthy sideburns and significant fuzz at the edges of his forehead, despite having a bald patch between it and his hairline. I waited for two months for it to disappear because the books all said it goes away in the first couple of weeks. After that, I stopped paying attention. Now, he looks like a different baby. He's lost all of the above along with a lot of his hair in the last week or so. Including the bald patch - now IT'S covered in fuzz. I'm hoping his regular hair comes in even curlier. :)
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment