Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 10

I'm on about day 10 of no milk, no yeast, no barley.  I think that means I'm on day 4 of no artificial sweeteners.

I spent the last week furiously writing a sci-fi tv pilot for...something I'm not going to talk about yet. ;) But really, it was the WHOLE WEEK.  I was up writing until 5 or 6 every morning, then the Berrykin got up between 7 and 8. Normally this wouldn't be such a big deal 'cause the Jeremelon gets up with him, but this happened to be a weird, random week where he was scheduled to open. Every shift. Fun stuff! So I'd get up with the Berrykin, try to doze on the couch while he played video games, and then collapse into bed when Jeremelon got home around 2.  Then I'd be up three hours later for dinner to do it all over again.

Whew.

What all that means is that I didn't really have time to be upset over my lack of food options, and that made the bulk of those 10 days not so bad.  Jeremelon's been grilling a lot, 'cause it's quick, easy, and doesn't heat the apartment. I'm so very, very grateful he's handled most of our meals all week!  But...it kinda means the insanity that would have been mine is now his. :/

On the up side, I'm feeling better. We had an icky 24-hour stomach bug that I managed to catch twice over, but since then my stomach hasn't been having any troubles. Between my nightly Activia routine, cutting out most fast food, and the absence of milk, yeast, and barley, my GERD is almost gone. Too much liquid will still make my stomach bloat painfully, but I haven't been bloating from food at all. Which is...weird. Nice, though! I've also been getting these weird energy surges, but that could be the lack of sleep. Same with the nasty headaches. (Although today's is, I think, largely due to the giant storm blowing through. Ever since we lived at sea level, pressure changes make my head feel like it's going to esplode.)

I've also shed 5-ish pounds, but that's mostly because I stopped taking Zyrtec. (Which I can now officially say is the majority factor behind my spring weight spike every year. Oh, wait. Usually I take Claritin, which isn't supposed to do that...hmmm...well, it's the majority factor in my inability to shed weight at the end of the summer, at least!)

Next on my agenda is to compile a list of food I can eat, spooled out into snack lists and meals and recipes I'd like to try. Because oatmeal for breakfast, grilled chicken and green beans for lunch, and pasta and peaches for dinner is fine and dandy, but I imagine I'm going to get tired of it pretty quick here...  Then again, that whole "Let's start eating whole foods at home!" project is kind of taken care of... :)

Also, exercise.

Also again, I wish the Berrykin had playmates. Not just so he'd have playmates (which he REALLY needs), but so we could invite people to his birthday. I still have to get his speech screening scheduled so he can qualify for a special preschool program and we won't have to pay for it.  He's been doing AWESOME the last couple of days - I think he told me all about the socks he had been wearing yesterday when he was falling asleep (pretty much went: *point at feet* socks. *point at left foot* Blue. *points at right foot* Red. *wiggles both feet* shoes! Socks socks socks! With a lot of babbling in between that sort of sounded like words.  All because I like to box in my yellow gox box socks). But there's still a lot of nonsense babbling, and he won't answer or ask complex questions. Largely, his problem is because he's mine, and he gets really self-conscious about answering questions or talking when people are paying attention. :( My poor baby.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're live traffic feed is wrong. I'm in Franktown, not Elizabeth. Elizabeth is in Elbert County and we're in Douglas. ;)

Good job on keeping out the baddie food for so long! You give me hope that maybe I can get off Omeprazole and stay off till the pain is gone. ;)

Unknown said...

P.S. I tried to leave you a message on your author site but it wouldn't let me. I nominated your blog on http://www.hlhenrikson.com/HL_Henrikson/Home.html for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. :)

http://katistjshin.wordpress.com/2014/07/10/very-inspiring-blogger-nomination/

Hollyberry said...

Yeah...the traffic feed often tells me you're in Seattle when I know you're not. ;)

Thanks for the nomination! I don't have 15 blogs to nominate in return... :/ But I appreciate the thought! :D