So, we've been sick ALL MONTH with the head cold that won't quit. Jeremelon has laryngitis on top of it, and of course the Berrykin was only sick for three or four days. Since then, he's been super hyper because we haven't wanted to leave the house.
And then, just as I was feeling better, I sprained my ankle. I really thought I broke it this time, but the family streak continues - no broken bones! The hospital gave me a sexy boot to wear to protect it that I have to wear whenever I walk anywhere.
You know how I did it? My foot slipped off the sidewalk ten feet in front of our apartment. Crunch, smack, ouch. Right in front of the pool. I sat there for probably ten+ minutes while Jeremelon got the groceries inside and Berrykin attempted to run off in any direction he set his sights on, and none of the dozen or more people at the pool came to see if I was okay or needed help. It's not like they didn't see me - at least three of the women were staring at me when I finally managed to stand up. Some of them were probably only six feet away when it happened. Jerks.
Today, my ankle feels much better and isn't nearly as swollen. The arm carrying the box that broke my fall, on the other hand, feels like I climbed the side of a mountain one-handed, with no feet. Oof! But the vicodin they gave me at the hospital gave me some fun, zany dreams, so it all works out. ;)
With the exception of ComicCon, this month has been a pretty big bummer (oh, and except the Andybug is visiting!).
In other news, Berrykin is finally ALMOST potty-trained. In fact, I'd call him Naked Potty-Trained. He hasn't had a single accident in two or more weeks...so long as he doesn't have a stitch on. If we're out of the house, he doesn't usually go in his pull-ups. But at home with pull-ups or undies on? Fuggedaboutit. I think the next step is to start making him wear undies all the time at home and letting him have accidents until he figures out that undies are not pull-ups and pottying in them gets him all wet. If he's going to start preschool in August, though, he's GOTTA get trained! There's also an issue with telling people he has to go or answering yes when someone asks, and he doesn't have the wiping/asking for assistance part down yet, but that can wait until the rest of it works. (I'm open to suggestions if anyone has them!)
And that's June! Ugh. I hope July has good stuff in store to make up for it. :)
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment